By Dr. George Karanastasis
What to do when your ex girlfriend texts you? This question comes up a lot and the answer is not that straightforward. It really depends on what you want from her.
For example, do you want to just be friends? Want nothing to do with her? Or do you want her back?
Whatever the case may be, let’s go over each scenario in a little more detail so you can figure out your next step…
1. If you want nothing to do with her then it’s pretty obvious what your next move should be: ignore her… or let her know never to contact you again.
2. If you want to remain friends, text her back to see how she’s doing - or even get together at some point.
3. Now, if you want to get her back, then things get a little more complicated. In this case, you have two options (both of which depend on what has happened since your breakup):
- If your ex girlfriend texts you (for the first time) after a period of no contact (NC) - then you should respond to her… but not immediately. Let some time go by until you write back. After all, you don’t want to give off the impression that you’ve been waiting by the phone to hear from her. Furthermore, you should keep the message brief. It should be ‘bait’ to get a longer conversation going - not your life story.
- If you’re already in contact with your ex (i.e. you’ve gone through a period of NC and now you’re ramping things up to get back together) you should ‘mirror her’ in every way. Here’s what I mean by that: if she takes several hours to get back to you, then you should do the same. If her messages are short and to the point, yours should be the same (for a more detailed explanation of this see page 43 in How to Get Her Back for Good).
By taking this tactical approach to your ex girlfriend’s texts, you’ll be making small (albeit productive) steps towards one thing: reconciliation. And with a little patience and persistence, soon enough you’ll accomplish your goal.
Topics: How To Get Her Back |
these 6 tips (it could push her further away)...